Original article can be found here
September 2, 2016 by StartupsHK
Our friends at Cornerstone are launching a suite of tools to help manage the back office of your startup called Cornerstone Connect. This will allow you more time to grow and build your startup and not worry so much about accounting, inventory control, web design, fulfilment and other back office management.
Founder Adrian Lai is kicking off this new product with his partners on September 14th at Garage Society – register here for a way to learn more about it and to get special launch discounts.
We sat down with Adrian to learn more about the product:
In a nutshell what is Cornerstone Connect?
Connect is an extension of our existing accounting practice which has two primary offerings:
- Build integrated service and cloud software bundles dependent on the client’s business sector.
- Provide collaborative business advisory covering areas from streamlining operations to tax and regulatory compliance
We currently offer solutions for online/offline B2C and B2B, IoT startups, consultants, fitness studios and clinics. We’re exploring a F&B bundle with a local software house, so watch this space foodpreneurs!
Why is it better to use a consolidated effort than do each of the pieces myself?
DIY is a great way to get close to your business but as an owner, with so many other items on your to-do list, it’s easy to get bogged down in the detail and you miss critical elements that can deeply impact the way your business runs in the future.
The bundles provide a core infrastructure to our clients so they can focus on developing their business, be it designing, sourcing, selling, marketing. Two key benefits:
- The softwares can be easily extended with a ton of additional tools/apps ranging from CRM, sales/marketing, forecasting
- A collaborative network of advisors available for your business
Who are the partner groups in Connect and what do they bring to the table?
Our first launch will be targeting new or existing online B2C businesses – our service partner is Kranberry who builds custom e-commerce ready websites, and our software partners are Xero, TradeGecko and Easyship.
- TradeGecko is a inventory/order management software for modern merchants with B2B and B2C capability – Xero is simply beautiful accounting software
- Cornerstone provides the software implementation, integration and monthly operational and accounting support. Tax, audit and other compliance services are also available.
- Easyship takes the guesswork out of international shipping and is integrated into the webstore or marketplace
All of these elements are fully integrated so when a customer buys your product online, the infrastructure can automatically monitor stock movement, ship/track product and account for sales and COGS.
Take a look at our page to see what we do http://cornerstone.hk/cornerstone-connect/
What problem does it solve?
How much does it cost?